Wednesday 29 May 2019

A day in the life and home of a child in an informal stttlement.

A day in the life and home of child in an informal settlement.

My name is Thembisa and I am 11 years old I live in Dunoon.
I woke  up at 4:00 am in the morning just to go to school then I realized I have no shoes I sometimes cut my feet on glass so I would love to have some shoes. But when I get to school first thing in the morning I enjoy playing soccer with my friends. Me and my class of 16 sit on the floor and work on the floor it would be much easier if we all had chairs. When we play our sport there is no grass but we still have the best time playing. At school we don’t have stationary to write with it would be amazing to have stationary.

It would make my life better if we had a house made out of proper materials because it gets  extremely windy and our house falls apart. Where I live we don’t have proper toilets and there are lots of little kids that fall inside and don’t come out it would be nice if we had proper toilets. Today my mom and I go get water but the queue was so long and we had to carry the water back and it would be easier if we had water in our house. Our houses are so close to together we can hear all the conversations.

In our area there is no electricity so I go and sit under a street lamp I wish we had electricity. If we had electricity then we don’t have to go to a street lamp and do my homework.
My mother takes in children who parents die from HIV and my mother does not have a lot of

 money and she has to feed all of us and there is never food left for me and I go to bed with and empty stomach. I wish my mom could get a job it would be much better for all of us.At my house there is a lot of chaos everyone is fighting and sometimes I wish there was peace and quiet.

1 comment:

Composing a New Behavior

I found this code a bit difficult because before I didn’t read the instructions I saw I needed to use 3 left turns to turn right.But I rea...